Level of Expertise
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? Which are the first steps to be taken?
- Which IP protection tools exist/can I use (e. g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
- What do different IP titles cost?
- How do I perform basic IP searches? Which tools exist?
- What does counterfeiting mean?
- What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?
- How do I identify intangible assets and their value for my activity?
- What does IP management mean?
- How do I develop an IP policy? What should be included?
- What are the first steps in developing an IP management strategy?
- How can I successfully secure and manage intangible assets in potential transnational partnerships /partnership negotiations?
- What are institutional aspects of IP management?
- How do I perform basic IP searches?
European IPR Helpdesk Trainer
45 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)