The European Patent Office (EPO) has published first results from its Academic Research Programme with new insights into the patent system. The Programme was launched in 2017 to encourage more research into the role of patents in the European economy and to promote the sharing of research results.
The projects, the results of which are now published on the EPO website, are:
- Innovation and technological content of imports
- Insights from product-patent correspondence
- Financing innovation in Europe
- CAPPA - Career paths of patent attorneys
- Knowledge spillovers from product and process inventions in patents and their impact on firm performance
- Innovation in climate change mitigation technologies and environmental regulation