The idea behind the EPO's Strategic Plan is to create "a roadmap for achieving a more sustainable patent office for Europe, better equipped to succeed in an evolving IP landscape" said EPO President António Campinos. "We intend to be a more adaptable and agile organisation that can support inventors everywhere with improved and more responsive services."
The Strategic Plan (SP2023) got adopted on the 26th of June by the EPO's Administrative Council and focuses on five goals:
- Build an engaged, knowledgeable and collaborative organisation
- Simplify and modernise EPO IT systems
- Deliver high-quality products and services efficiently
- Build a European patent system and network with a global impact
- Secure long-term sustainability
The plan was developed in consultation with all the 38 EPO member states and different stakeholder groups.