The Community Plant Variety Rights (CPVR) system is the largest and most efficient regional system for plant variety rights’ protection in the world. Over the past 25 years, the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) processed nearly 70,000 applications and granted over 53,000 plant variety rights titles.
At the occasion of CPVO's 25th anniversary, they have now published a leaflet compiling information about the the CPVR system and, in particular, relevant explanations detailing:
- Why Intellectual Property rights for the protection of new plant varieties is relevant to address today's global demands and challenges
- What are the benefits of the CPVR system managed by the CPVO
- How to file applications for Community Plant Variety Rights (CPVR)
- How are applications processed by the CPVO
- What are the key statistics for the period 1995-2020, including the top species that have been granted CPVR protection over the past 25 years.