The European Union Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Directive (2004/48) sets out a basic framework for harmonizing the enforcement of intellectual property. This webinar hosted by ACT | The App Association will discuss how the IPRED is transposed and interpreted in national jurisdictions. The audience will hear from esteemed practitioners from law firms all across the European Union, with a focus on France, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
The topic of injunctions has become particularly relevant in light of the proposed reform of German Patent Law, and the upcoming IP Action Plan at European Union level which is due to be announced in September 2020.
An introduction of the IPRED will set the scene from the European Union level before each speaker discusses the role of injunctions in France, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
Some of the relevant questions that will be answered in this webinar include:
- What is required to get a preliminary injunction?
- What defenses can be put forward?
- Is the system of injunctive relief fit for purpose?
A questions and answers session will follow the main proceedings.
- Rory Clarke, Associate Intellectual Property, Kirkland & Ellis International LLP
- Maurits Dolmans, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Andreas Kramer, Partner, Vossius & Partner
- Judith Krens, Partner, Taylor Wessing
- David Por, Partner, Allen & Overy